Monday, May 13, 2013

Week 4 in Mexico!


May 13th, 2013

This was a crazy past couple of days. I haven't slept in my house since Tuesday night. On Wednesday, I was on a split with another Elder that came to México the same time as me. It was... interesting haha. We had to do two lessons on our own and we did the rest with a member who is a return missionary and got back three weeks ago. It was really helpful to have him because when we didn't know what to say, he would help us out. The two lessons we had by ourselves though actually went really well! I felt the spirit in them and I could also understand a whole lot more than I do usually. I prayed super hard for the gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues and it really helped a lot. We were able to teach two pretty solid lessons with not even a month in México!

Then that night, I got a call from the Zone leaders that Elder Pagaza was going home and I need to start packing his things. We met up later that night, I slept in the house he was in in another area then we walked back to our house at about 3am. There were no problems, we only saw one person and said Buenas Noches, and he replies, buenas noches, and that was it. We then finished packing his things and went to the bus station around 530. We then took the 5 hour bus ride to Monterrey and arrived there. He then had an interview with the President and I had a short one with the president after which is always cool. Its a privilege to have an interview with a mission president because they really are powerful people. Then I said goodbye to Elder Pagaza and he went home. I then spent the rest of the day with the Secretaries. So I helped with some paper work then we went out and taught some people. I then slept there and some other people had arrived because we were going to do some Visa stuff the next morning. So friday morning we went out to the international offices and all we ended up doing was finger prints and we have to come back in a couple weeks. So now México has all of my finger prints. 
Then we went home and I got back and went out with the Zone Leaders. Friday is Mothers day here so we didn't end up teaching anyone because no one was home. We went out Saturday and taught a bit. Its really cool to be with the Zone leaders because they are like the veterans of the mission and have a lot of experience and are very good at teaching. 
Then yesterday I called you guys! Which was great, I'm glad I got to hear from you and that you are all doing good and receiving much Bendiciones!! (blessings)  Les Amo Mucho!! I'm getting a little better at the whole Spanish thing. I guess by the end of the first two transfers you pretty much got it if you really work at it and Speak the language with your companion. 
But yeah, I don't really remember what happened tuesday but I'm pretty sure it was just a regular day. So yeah, crazyness. 

Well I love you all and hope everyone of you is doing well! I know without any doubt that this church is true! That this is where I'm supposed to be right know, with the people of México. I also know that everything happens for a reason. You may not know why something is happening, but the Lord does. He has his reasons and Every thing that happens to you you can learn from. 

Hope you all have a fantastic week!!

Love,
Elder Warren 

No comments:

Post a Comment