Monday, August 26, 2013

starting to work again!



August 26th, 2013

Well we finally got out of the house again this Saturday and Sunday! It felt so great to go out and teach people! I think the most exciting thing that is happening that I am really excited for is that there is a less active family, that really isn´t less active anymore, (because of us) the family has been to church three weeks in a row now and they are planning on continuing. We found them when I was with Elder Parra and I´m pretty sure they haven´t been to church for 8 or 10 years. They went to the temple together, the husband and wife, but they fell away little by little. We found them using the list of members of the ward and went to visit him. We´ve had many powerfull lessons with him, Luis Humberto I think I´ve mentioned some of our past lessons in other emails, and now he and his family are going to church. He now has 5 children. Thats a reactivation of 7 people. Just thinking about that makes me so happy. It´s a joy that I´ve only experienced one or two other times, and these times where when Becki told me about her testimony and desire to follow Christ. It is so powerfull and beautiful. And best of all, three of the 5 kids are old enough to get baptised. 8, 10, and 12. We passed by yesterday and all three want to get baptised! They are planned to get baptised on the 7th of September. So exciting!!

Now, in regards to transfers. This is the last week of the transfer and I´m not sure if I´m going to change. It´s possible but I kind of doubt it because my companion still doesn´t know the area very well. I do want to leave and get to know new people and new missionaries, the only problem is the baptism is one week after the transfers. So I´m kind of hoping that I don´t leave but at the same time I want to leave. It seems like it´s always like that, when you start to have success in an area, you get transfered. 

The weather here is actually pretty nice. The canicula (not sure if thats how you spell it) is over and it´s been cloudy and overcast with a nice breeze for the past few days. Reminds me of home a bit haha. 

Yup well thats about all I got for this week. I love all of you and pray for all of you that are back home daily. Hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment