Sunday, October 20, 2013

Another transfer in Monterreal!

October 14th, 2013

Thats right folks! I will be spending at least 6 more weeks in Rio Bravo! My companion, Elder Amador is officially going home tomorrow so I will have a new companion, Elder Flores, who is going to finish his mission in one transfer and 2 weeks. So I will be transferred after this one and he will have to teach the area in 2 weeks, or I will just be here for the rest of my mission. 

I was really feeling a little upset about being here so long. I'm now the oldest missionary in this zone, or I've been here longer than any other missionary. The good part is that I know the people here really well. And they've seen me grow because really, I grew up as a missionary here in Rio Bravo. I went from almost not speaking any spanish, to giving talks in sacrament meeting. In this week, I've really had to reflect on why I'm still here. God has a reason for me that I'm still here. I guess there's something that I still need to do in this area of the vinyard that I haven't done yet. 

This past week really helped me feel better about staying here. We found some new investigators that look very promising. We just happened to run into a bunch of people that seemed really prepared to hear the gospel, which was fantastic! We had a lesson with a 16 year old kid, a friend of a young girl  that lives below us. His name is Angel. We were able to have our first lesson in the chapel and the spirit was super strong. He has had a lot of problems in his life. I'm not going to say all of them for his privacy and such but his father has passed away, and when he was here, was abusive to his mom. Him and his sister are pretty sick, but he has to travel to Reynosa every weekend to work so that his family has money. We talked with him about the love that God has for all of his children. How we can all repent of the bad things we have done and that really God forgets the things we have done when we repent. We talked also about the power of prayer. The comfort that we recieve when we talk with our Heavenly Father on a daily basis. There really is power in prayer. I've experienced the feelings of peace when Heavenly Father forgave me of sins I have commited and I've felt answers to my questions and doubts. I'm really excited for Angel. 

Nalleli also is progressing well. She's a little 10 year old girl who is part of a less active family. Her and her mom have gone to church now 2 times and we're going to keep encouraging them to go. 

We were able to have a success with a less active who went to church for the first time since I've been here. It's really interesting to see that there are people that really are ready to go to church, they just need an invitation. We only visited her twice and she's gone to church two times now. It really makes me happy to see things like that happen. 

We went to visit Luis Lopez, the brother that we re-activated and baptised his kids. This guy is amazing. Like, he's going to be the next branch president. He's making visits with less actives, even though he doesn't have any assignments. He is also preaching the gospel to some people at work. He is really excited about the work of salvation. I really do love them and their family, it's one of the happiest things I've experienced is with them. 

So yeah, I'm ready to be in this area again, to teach it again, and to have some more success here! Hope everythings is going well at home, I pray for you guys daily, and I'll make sure to pray more specifically for Dad. I love you!

Love,
Elder Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment