Monday, November 25, 2013

My last week in Monerreal!!

November 25th, 2013

Thats right folks! This missionary is finally leaving his native land of Monterreal, Rio Bravo to bigger and better things! We recieved the call Saturday. I'm going to Riveras 2 in Reynosa. I'm pretty sure it's the ward of the mission president haha. I will be going with Elder Ayala for three weeks when he finishes then who knows what will happen. He's the district leader right now so it's possible that I will be a district leader in 3 weeks! ahhhhhh!!! Or Training!!!! AHHHHH!!!! No But it's really exciting! I have to learn everything in 3 weeks though so that will be a little tough but I think I can do it! 

This week was pretty awesome! Angel is progressing fantastically. Actually I sent a photo of us so you know him. It's a little sad that I won't be here for his baptism but that's how the mission is. You always leave before a baptism. Also the couple we found last week, Karime and Edgar, are fantastic!! We got to there house last night, and it was super cold, oh yeah so it's been really really cold here these past few days it's pretty crazy. Anyway, we got there and Edgar left, went to the store bought some sweet bread, and some milk and invited us to coffee haha. Then he was like, What you don't drink coffee?? So we taught the word of wisdom and agreed to live it! He is actually really awesome. After church, he was given a gospels principles book and was studying it before we visited him on tuesday! We got there and he had a bunch of awesome questions! If you didn't know yet, questions are the best!!

So Elder Love, the zone leader, told me something really special today. He told me that people have come up to him from my branch and have told him how good of a missionary I am. How I have been able to change a lot of things in this branch simply by my attitude or the way that I am. It really helped me because I guess I didn't realize I had that much of an impact here but it was really nice to hear that. So really if you like a missionary, tell him how awesome he is! And maybe not in front of his companion haha. 

Well I hope everything has gone fantastic for you people this week. Keep me in your thoughts, as I keep you in mine. Love you all!

With much love,
Elder Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment