Monday, February 17, 2014

cambios y bautismos!


February 17th, 2014


That´s right folks, transfers arrived! Anddddd I am being transfered to a town called Valle Hermoso! They call it the city of three lies because it´s not a city, it´s not in a vally, and it´s not lovely, haha. Bu I will be in a branch called Gardina. Another branch in my mission haha. Hopefully I will be able to help them become a ward in my time there. I will be going as senior companion this time. I´m a little nervous to be like the one fully in charge now but I feel like I know enough to be able to do it. Oh yeah, and it´s the only area of the mission where they have bikes! So I´ll be riding a bike around which will be fun, I kind of miss riding bikes. 

Soo we hd baptisms this week! Two!! We baptised Keyla who´s a teenager and part of a member family that we reactivated. Her uncle baptised her an on sunday I did the confirmation! It was a first for me but it was pretty cool. So everything went well with that baptism but then we had another that came as kind of a suprise in the week. The mom of the family Trujillo that I´ve told you about didn´t want to be baptised an felt pressured when we asked her about her baptisms. Then we stopped by super quick one day and we found out why she didn´t want to get baptised. It was because she´s really really super shy! She didn´t want anyone there in her baptism or her confirmation. She didn´t want to be presented in front of all of the members and then have everyone come up to her and congradulate her and shake her hand. I don´t know why she doesn´t want that but whatever. So we had a private baptism and confirmation with the aproval of the bishop and mission president. But wow, I felt so happy to be able to see her be baptised because I honestly didn´t think I was going to see her get baptised because I kind of knew that I was going to be transfered. But they have had like years of the missionaries visiting them and it felt pretty special that it was us that were able to help her. They said to us that we are the most special missionaries that have visited them and they had actually changed from what we have been able to share with them. Changing lives, one family at a time. awww yeah. 

So that was super awesome about this week. I just want to share with all of you that I know that this church is true, I have no doubt. You may ask how I can know something so shurely that is so often disputed even among the most billiant of people, and the answer is simple. First, we need to humble ourselves before God, which means we realize our weekness and our lack of knowledge and have faith in him, which means we believe, or even have a desire to believe in him, and be willing to do what he wants of us. Then, we need to follow the admonition of James, first chapter, fifth verse. ´´If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all men liberally and upraideth not, and it shall be given him. but et him ask in faith, nothing wavering.´´  We use his scripture a lot as missionaries because it it is the key of really knowing. Part of being humble and having faith, is having the desire to know. If you don´t really want to know, or aren´t going to change anything after you find out, God obviously isn´t going to tell you anything. But if you have all of these things and you ask God, how is he going to tell you the answer? Is he going to appear to you and tell you in person? Or at least send an angel to communicate the answer to you? It would be nice if the answer came in a manner that clear, but rare is the time when that happens. Jesus Christ tought that all things spiritual are learned through the Holy Ghost. That is how we recieve our answers, through the Holy Ghost, but how do we know if the Holy Ghost is trying to give us an anwer? In Galations we learn of the fruits of the spirit, it says ´´But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.´´  We can´t just make ourselves feel happy, or feel joy or peace. The spirit is one of the means by which we feel these emotions and if we feel these emotions while we are asking, we are on our way to really recieving a heavenly answer. But this is how I know and this is why I´m here. 

I hope you all have a great week and try out what I tried to explain just now. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. 

Love you all!

Love,
Elder Warren


Keyla and her family!

Husband and wife!

The Trujillo Family!


No comments:

Post a Comment