Monday, March 3, 2014

Surprise Baptism!

March 3rd, 2014

So this week was pretty cool! We could find some new people that we think are going to be able to progress to baptism and we were able to see the progress of the investigators that we have now and it´s really exciting because I think we are going to have a good number of baptisms this month and in my time here in Valle Hermoso.


Like there´s this one sweet old lady that every time we go over she just tells us how just by going to church and listening to us, she knows it´s true and wants to get baptised. We went over yesterday and she had a question about if children need to be baptised. We explained that they don´t because they are innocent and  baptism is for the remission of sins. We read a bit out of Moroni 8 and explained that when children less that 8 years die, they automatically go to heaven with Heavenly Father. In the clossing prayer that she did, she was crying giving thanks because one of her children had died at birth and had thought for a long time that her child wasn´t going to be able to be able to go to heaven, but to be able to hear the restored doctrine, the spirit testified to her that it was true. That was an awesome thing for me.

The baptism is an interesting story too. The kid is 8 years old so it didn´t count as a convert baptism, but he is from a family that recently re-activated. One of her sisters who wasn´t baptised got baptised, but he didn´t want to for some reason. So the first day that my companion took me there, I talked with him and explained really simply why we need to be baptised, then asked him if he wanted to be baptised and he said yes! Then I said, how about for the 2 of march? And also said yes! Then for the baptism, he chose me to baptise him. In the photo is his family. That was one of the strongest like things where I realized why I was sent here to this area because the other missionaries couldn´t get him to get baptised, but the first time he saw me and listened to me, he decided to do it. It was really an awesome feeling.  

Well that´s about all I have time for right now to write about, but I hope you all have a great week and I´ll be talking to you next week!

Love,
Elder Warren






No comments:

Post a Comment