Friday, December 12, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

December 1st, 2014

Well, we were invited by probably the only family in our ward to joing them for Thanksgiving dinner! That was pretty nice! I'll admit, I saw the interception by the SeaHawks. But pretty much that was it. Still stayin focused. 

Yesterday something pretty awesome happened. So we were knocking on the door of a reference that we were trying to contact and a man steped out of his house next door to smoke a cigarette. The reference didn't answer the door so we went and started talking to this guy and it started out like it wouldn't be someone interested at all. Saying that you don't need to go to a church to worship God and that all the churches are full of hypocrites anyway and just want your money so he gave lots examples of how the churches are bad and we told him that it's not like that in the church that we represent, in every example. Then we breifly shared what we teach, that God has restored the authority to perform all of the ordinances again through a prophet. Then he asked "how could you believe such a thing as that?" So I said, "well, I prayed. And God told me through the Holy Ghost that these things are true." He replied, "What, so you can see God?" I said, "no. I prayed that's all. Do you believe that God can answer your prayers?" (Earlier in the conversation we had afirmed that he believes in the Bible, but that it has been changed a lot.) He said, "no, I don't think so." I replied, "Well Actually God can give us wisdom! As it says in Santiago 1:5" (I recited the scripture) then I bore my testimony again but with more power. He just kind of stood there a minute then said, "You know what, I'd like to talk with you guys. There's something different about you." We put an appointment to visit him thursday. Something I learned from that was that sometimes we try to hard using evidence to convince people of the truth and forget that the Holy Ghost is what testifies to them that these things are true. It wasn't until i really shared my testimony with him that he accepted to listen to us, because he felt something different and noticed our percistance. Pretty cool experience. 

One things for sure, you never stop learning! I mean, we will never reach a perfect knowledge in this life, but we should try to get as close as we can! Cuz it's a commandment! No one is saved in ignorance. 

Hey, I love you all. Hope you enjoyed your American Turkey and Gravy and Football! I'll be there for the next one! haha. 

CuĂ­dense mucho! Les amo!

Con amor,
Elder Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment